About FPFF Course
The fire protection and fire fighting training have been designed for all seafarers to take the proper safety precautions. In this course, one will learn the precautions that had to be taken in case of the emergency, the cause of the fire as well as the prevention of fire. The course offers you both the theoretical as well as the practical knowledge regarding fire prevention and fire fighting.
Things you will learn in STCW basic safety course!!!
The purpose of fire prevention and fire fighting course is to give the essential education to all the seafarers regarding fire fighting and fire prevention.
- You will get to know the emergency exits.
- All the seafarers will get to know the assistance that a disabled person needs at such a time.
- They will learn all the fire prevention and fire safety techniques.
- How to use the emergency equipment?
- An individual will learn the safe use of the fire extinguisher.
- You will learn how to wear the fire-fighting equipment.
- You will understand the risk associated with the fire onboard and how to minimize the risks associated with it.
- Most of your seafarers will get to know that “where are the emergency existing doors” so that they can save their lives at last.
- You will learn about the various kinds of breathing apparatus to extinguish.
An individual will get both the theoretical as well as the practical training. You can complete this course in almost 2.5 days.
Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention technique includes:
- Classes of fire
- Cause of ignition and fire
- Onboard safety
- Fire precautions
- Cause of fire
- Spread of fire
- Methods of extinguishing
- Conditions that have been required to fire
- Use of nozzle and hose equipment
- The use of the extinguishers
- Types of extinguishers
- Identify the environment
- Using BA equipment
- Testing and much more
These are the various things which you will get to know in STCW Basic Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention training program. Upon successful condition, you will get an MCA approved STCW Basic Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention certificate.