The aim of Personal Safety and Social Responsibility Course:
The aim of the course is to provide basic and mandatory training to seafarers about the safety
procedures and accident preventions while working onboard a ship. Because of the vivid
atmosphere of the sea in contrast with the land, new persons are trained under this course. As
we all know that doing a job at sea is such a tough occupation. Through this course, one may be
able to protect himself/herself from any kind of accident that may take place at sea level. PSSR
gives the detailed knowledge of different factors and operating procedures on board.
The personal safety training course is a classroom-based course in which one will get detailed
knowledge to safeguard himself/herself from any kind of accident or misfortune. The student will
learn about the environment that he/she will get at the onboard ship. In this course, a seafarer
will know all about his STCW personal safety and social responsibilities whilst onboard ship.
The duration of the course can vary from a half-day course to 5 days course that depends upon
the class type.
This course mainly constitutes:
- Safety procedures to minimize marine pollution
- Social Relationships on board ship
- Terms and condition related to shipboard
- Ways to regulate the tiredness.
- Detailed knowledge to safeguard at the time of miss happening.
- Contribute to effective communication that has to be don’t on board ship
- Understand to take actions to control fatigue.
- Learn the safe operating process.
- The actions that have to be taken to prevent marine pollution.
- Discover safe working methods.
- Emergency procedures
These are the various things which an individual will learn in personal safety and social
responsibility pssr. This is a mandatory safety course that also includes the basic safety from
fire and others while onboard ship.
Apart from the completing the Personal Safety and Social Responsibility course the trainers will
get an MCA approved STCW personal safety training course certificate.
Newly appointed candidates and who just started their career as sail man/sail woman. Also, people
who have a keen interest in gaining knowledge about the ship before they board the ship.